Valentines Day brings an onslaught of pink, glitter, and hearts, and, of course the stress of trying to find a perfect gift. This year, why not forget the fresh cut roses that will die in a few days or the chocolate that clearly goes against your significant other’s new year’s resolutions? It’s time to think outside the chocolate box with fabulous garden gifts for all of your loved ones. From the expert gardener to the novice, here are seven of our favorite gardening gift ideas for everyone you love.
- Cedar cube planters with succulents. Now this is a gardening gift that keeps on giving. Not only are the dark cedar cubes modern and fresh, but succulents are incredibly on trend right now, making this the perfect garden gift for a fashion-conscious special someone. The sleek lines and dark colors give it a more masculine touch. Succulents are also very easy to care for, so there’s no need to only give this gift to someone with a green thumb.
- Mushroom garden statues. For a touch of whimsy and a splash of color, surprise the gardener who has everything with these ceramic mushroom statues in playful spring colors. This show-stopping gift is a perfect reflection of someone with a unique personality – the mushroom tops even jiggle in the breeze!
- Elliptical hanging terrariums. Showcase your loved one’s minimalist decorating style with this set of three chic terrariums. The glass pieces can be filled with plants and flowers or tea lights, seeds, or decorative pebbles. These terrariums are the perfect blank canvas for the creative person on your shopping list.
- Self-watering vertical planters. This might be the most practical thing on the list, but it’s stylish and creative nature keeps it far from the dreaded appliance gift category. These planter sets can be combined to create the perfect gardening canvas for any green thumb. Perfect for small spaces, the quality planters allow you to create an entire garden in very tight quarters.
- Coventry weave planters. These sleek, modern planters can be used inside or out and come in four fantastic colors to match the decor of your loved one’s garden. The beauty of the planters is the self-watering features: plant nearly anything and the planter can take care of the watering by itself.
- White shell wreath. Give a taste of the tropics in the middle of winter. This charming handmade wreath is perfect for indoor or outdoor decor and is a piece unlike anything your loved one will have. It can be used throughout the house and can even double as a whimsical centerpiece.
- Flowering plants. Flowers are a traditional Valentines Day gift plants and for good reason – nothing says, “I love you” quite like fresh blooms. Flowering plants last much longer than cut varieties and can be a reminder of your love throughout the year. Check out our large selection of flowering plant gifts to find the perfect Valentines gift for her.
So skip the played-out, boring Valentine’s Day gifts this year and give your sweetie something different – something fresh, something you can both enjoy together as the you grow along with your plantings. You can shop grow kits and fun planters and pots, in addition to whimsical garden decor and fun home accents at www.WindowBox.com.