Grow a vertical garden with the Karoo Living Wall Planter. Use it alone or as part of a modular green wall system. Not only does it add healthy plant life to your surroundings, it's also made of recycled materials, making it truly "green"! For your convenience, it has a built-it watering system that lets you water all the plants at once without taking it off the wall. Choose from two colors: white and dark grey. It measures 15.25"L x 15.25"W.
1. Take the planter out of the box it arrived in. You'll see that it has two parts, the base and the frame. A square of fabric is also included.
2. Remove the frame and fill the base with soil. To make sure the soil doesn't fall out when you hang it on the wall, cover it with the fabric square. It has slits for the plants to peek through. Put the frame over the base and the fabric, holding the fabric in place. Fold open the fabric in each of the nine compartments.
3. Take your plants out of their pots and moisten the root balls. Plant one in each compartment, between the slits in the fabric. Press down on the potting soil. Water the unit with one liter of water to ensure good contact between root ball and potting soil.
4. To mount the planter on the wall, use the included screws. Also included is a cardboard guide to help you place the screws and ensure the planter is level. For best results, choose the most secure method for your wall, drilling into studs when possible or using drywall anchors.
5. Check your soil regularly and water as needed. Use no more than one liter of water at a time. Pour water into the spout at the top of the frame, and it will drip down throughout the soil, watering all the plants. Keep in mind that some water may drip off the plants onto the ground or floor below.
It's possible to create large living walls by combining multiple modules and linking them together with a watering system. For more information, call customer service at 800-896-0978.