Planter Boxes and Flower Boxes
Flower boxes and window box planters are great for gardening in small spaces! It's easy to find 1,000 ideas for using pots and planters around your home to improve indoor and outdoor spaces. Mount them below your windows and hang them from your deck rails to beautify your home and turn your neighbors green with envy. Hanging planter boxes under windows, on walls, balcony railings and fences gives you the versatility to add beauty to any space. You can create a container garden anywhere!
At WindowBox.com, we offer an extensive selection of window boxes in many styles and materials. Enjoy the rot-proof elegance of composite PVC, the old-world grace of wrought iron, the dramatic patina of real copper, the lightweight durability of vinyl and fiberglass, and the earthy beauty of cedar and redwood planter boxes. Traditional or contemporary, there are options for everyone. Shop by style, material type, or by size. Shop below or call toll-free for assistance weekdays 7am-5pm PT: 888-427-3362
Choosing the Right Size Planter Boxes for Your Windows
When choosing a size, be sure to measure your designated space first. Measure from left to right, noting any space constraints. You want to choose a planter size that is at least as wide as your window, with no more than 4" of overhang on either side (you can choose a size up to 8" wider than your window). This will create a display that is appealing to the eye, adding attractive curb appeal.
Shop Window Boxes for Sale by Style
From simple to ornate, traditional to contemporary, rustic to elegant, our products really run the gamut. From the clean, crisp lines of our Unity Chic line to the detailed swirls and blossoms of our French Quarter styles, we offer a vast selection of containers suited to any taste.
Popular classic and traditional window box designs include:
- Hayrack Troughs - Add country charm to windows and balcony railings with handmade wrought iron styles, complete with moisture retaining coconut coir liners. Standard and XL versions available.
- European Cage - For old world and European styling, look to our handcrafted wrought iron cages. These generously-sized rectangular choices can be used with 8" flower pots or one of our liners. Hand bent scrollwork adds intricate detailing. Liner choices include White, Black, multiple metallic, and 100% real copper.
- Orleans Cage - Boasting Southern charm, this aluminum option will have your balconies looking like the streets of the French Quarter in New Orleans in no time!
- No Rot New Haven - Ideal for Cape Cod style homes, nothing says "Home Sweet Home" like the classical decorative trim of our PVC material. Accent this box with faux brackets and self-watering reservoirs for a maintenance-free package with panache.
Popular contemporary/modern window box designs include:
- Urban Farmhouse (Distressed Reclaimed Wood Finish) - Made from lightweight and durable fiberglass, the Urban Farmhouse line mimics reclaimed wood without pesky drawbacks like refinishing, bug infestations and rotting. They're easy to install and built to last a lifetime! Also available in Reclaimed Dark Hickory, Cherry, and Distressed Driftwood finishes.
- Unity Chic - Straightforward and unapologetically contemporary, these simple white window boxes are sleek and streamlined, providing a clean backdrop that allows your flowers to shine. Decorative corbels and self-watering planter box reservoirs are easy-care additions that make a big impact.
- Arch Tapered - Slightly more petite than our wrought iron cages, and with tapered silhouette, the Arch iron style matches nearly any architectural house style. And with 9 liners to choose from, you're sure to find something that looks amazing on your wall or deck railing.
- Bronze Lancaster - A mix of modern and traditional, the Lancaster features a classic burnished ArmoreCoat finish paired with clean, contemporary lines. While this looks like metal, it is actually made from no-rot PVC composite. No rusting, no rotting -- timeless elegance!
Material Types and Benefits of Flower Boxes
- Wrought Iron - All of our wrought iron styles are powder coated to resist chipping, fading and rusting. It's a baked on paint finish that lasts longer than conventional painting and protects the metal better. You have a lot of design play with these containers due to the expansive number of liners and flower pots you can add to personalize to taste. If you like European and old-world styling or are creating a courtyard garden, wrought iron is a perfect choice.
- Aluminum - Like wrought iron, aluminum features a weatherproof powder coat finish and a plethora of liner options. Unlike iron, aluminum does not rust making it ideal for use in coastal areas.
- Copper - Copper window boxes are the definition of luxury garden products. We use 100% raw copper for our products, so you can expect the metal to patina over time to a blue-grey hue. The copper is flawlessly hand-polished, creating a striking contrast when paired with black wrought iron. Copper naturally deters slugs and snails.
- Fiberglass - Known for being extremely durable and lightweight. High level of detail and design customization available. Fiberglass can be made to look like wood, stacked stone and other maintenance-heavy materials. Fiberglass planters come in many colors and are crack resistant.
- PVC Composite - Cellular PVC composite is a solid core material that looks and feels like wood. Unlike wood, it is impossible for PVC to rot, twist and warp. Composite PVC is inherently white but can be painted. Popular for coastal areas.
- Vinyl - Pre-molded vinyl material will not rot or discolor in the sun and are offered in a variety of fun colors. Vinyl options are lightweight and many feature integrated sub-irrigation systems - great for travelers and busy professionals.
- Wood - There really is nothing like the classic beauty of real wood. Our wood products are made of naturally insect and rot-resistant redwood and cedar. Sustainably sourced timber is used and all units can be ordered unfinished, making them perfect for use as chemical-free organic gardening planters.
Window Box Flowers and Liners
Be sure to check out our high-quality liners and artificial arrangements. Outlasting silk flowers you find at craft supply stores, our Outdoor Artificial Flowers and Plants are inherently UV protected for exterior use year-round. For custom arrangements or window boxes shipped with faux flowers installed please call toll-free: 888-427-3362